Mix Veggie Curry with Sambar and a Award
Now a days am tied up with work so much that it's getting difficult to blog :-( so made something gud for a change one of these day and that was..longbeans, potato, drumstick together in onion and tomato gravy and that's make yummy Mix Veggie Curry. Along with it made brinjal and drumstick sambar, cucumber & carrot salad for full meals :)
For Mix Veggie we need:
Drumsticks - 1-2
Potato - 1 large
Longbean - 8-10
Onion - 2 large
Tomato - 1 large
Green Chili - 3-4 ( I used red chili)
Redchili powder - 1 tps
Turmeric - 1 tps
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tps
Curry leaves - few
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 tbs
Water - 1 cup
1. Cut the potato in cubes, longbeans in small pieces and drumstick too.
2. I have pressure cook drumsticks.
3. Cook the longbeans & potato in microwave for 5mins.
4. Chop the onion, green chilli and tomato.
5. In a pan heat oil, add chopped onion, green chilli and saute them for 2-3 mins.
6. Add curry leaves and all the masala powder and mix well, cook for 2 mins.
7. Add potato, long beans and drumstick mix well and cook for 3-4 mins with lid on.
8. Now add the chopped tomato and cook with lid on for 2-3 mins.
9. Add salt and water and mix well.
10. Cook for 5-6mins with lid on or everything is done and the water due to half.
It's a simple curry with lot of nutrition due to the veggie and also I used only 1tbs of oil to cook.
Next is Brinjal & Drumstick Sambar
For that we need:
Tuar Dal - 1 cup (cooked)
Drumstick - 1
Brinjal/Egg plant - 4-5 ( I used the small ones)
Onion - 1 medium
Tomato - 1 medium
Green Chili - 2-3
Curry Leaves - few
Tamarind - small lemon size
Redchili powder - 2 tps
Sambar powder - 1 tps (optional, if using sambar powder use red chilli only 1 tsp)
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tps
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tps
Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tbs
Coriander leaves - 2 tps (chopped)
Oil - 2-3 tps
Ghee - 2-3 tps (optional)
1. Wash tuar dal and pressure cook with 1/2 turmeric powder.
2. Cut the brinjal and drumstick, either boil them or pressure cook then too.
3. Slice onion, chopped green chili, tomato and coriander leaves.
4. Soak the tamarind in water for 10-15mins and squeeze the puree out of it.
4. Heat oil in a pan, add half of the mustard, cumin seeds and allow them to splutter.
5. Add onion slices and saute them. Add ginger-garlic paste, green chili and curry leaves and mix.
6. Add the chopped tomato and and cook for 2mins. Now add chili powder and mix.
7. Add the brinjal and drumsticks (add any other vegetable as wish) and cook them together for 2mins.
8. Now add the tamarind puree and bring it to boil.
9. Add the cooked dal and and water as required, mix everything and bring it to boil again. Add the sambar powdeer and boil for 5mins.
10. Serve the sambar as it or use other half of mustard and cumin seeds, dry red chilli, and temper them in Ghee. Pour over the sambar and garnish with coriander leaves.