Baby Corn Manchurian
Manchurian is my nephew Kedar's favorite, he always wants me to make it..though I have to make Gobi Manchurian for long time now but that's not just happening. Meanwhile he got this lovely looking baby corn from cold storage and I thought of making baby corn Manchurian for him. It was just yummy and everyone liked it very much. I used my own version to make this.
Baby Corn - 10 -12 pieces
Corn flour - 1/4cup
All purpose flour - 2tbs
Redchilli powder - 2tbs
Carrot - 1
Capsicum - 1/2
Onion - 1 Large
Green chilies - 6-7
Ginger-garlic paste - 1tps
Tomato sauce - 2tbs
Soy sauce - 1 tbs
Salt - to taste
Oil - for deep fry
Spring onion - optional
Coriander leaves - for garnishing.
1. Mix corn flour, all purpose flour, 1tbs redchilli powder, 1/2 tbs ginger-garlic paste,salt & water with the consistency as pokada batter.
2. Dip baby corn in the batter and deep fry them in medium heat until golden brown. Keep them in kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
3. Dice carrot, capsicum & slice onion and green chili.
4. In a pan heat 2-3 tbs of oil, add onion and saute it. Now add remaining ginger-garlic paste and mix well.
5. Include chillies, carrot, capsicum and cook for 4-5 mins. Now add soya sauce, tomato sauce and salt. (Do remember both the sauce does have salt in them)
6. Mix everything well and cook for another 2-3 minutes. If you have spring onion, chop then and add now.
7. Now add the fried baby corn in the veggie mixture, combine everything. Garnish with coriander leaves and server hot.
Kedar really loved this and wants me to make gobi manchurian soon now , since this is special dish for my nephew I decide to send this to Alka of Sindhi Rasoi 'Just for You' event.
Dear Aru of Gourmet Affair has passed me Lemonade Award, Thanks you so much dear...I would like to pass this award too Purva, Lakshmi, Priyanka, Sowmya, Anisheetu, Sukanya, Vani, Rekha, Ramya and Raji. Enjoy the award gals.