Yes, I disappeared again for a week and by now you guys know my reason ;) but this time I was on course for ITIL and passed the exam with good marks too ..;) I was so happy with the results ....it's kinda difficult and fun to study now .... so now not going on with this let's move on to today's recipe Chole. I always made chole/chanaa masala (with gravy) which every one liked always very much. Now that it's only two of us I thought of trying different and without gravy. So made this chole which came out so well that my DH endup eating a lot and told me this is better than my usual stuff :-)....so here comes the recipe
Chana/chickpeas - 300gms appr.
Onion - 1 large
Tomato - 1 large
Green chilli - 3
Kasoori Methi - 1 tps
Redchili powder - 2 tps
Coriander powder - 1 tps
Tumeric - 1/4 tps
Chole masala - 1 tps
Oil - 2 tps
Bayleaf - 1
Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tbs
Salt - to taste
Method:1. Soak washed chickpeas/chana over night, boli in pressure cooker until done [ skip this step if you are using canned chickpeas]
2. In a pan head oil, add bay leaf, add sliced onion, sliced green chili and saute until golden brown.
3. Add all the powder masala, mix everything well and cook for 3-4 mins.
4. Add chopped tomato, mix together and cook with lid on for 5 mins or until tomato is mashed well.
5. Soak kasutri methi in little warm water with pinch of salt for 10 mins or follow the instruction on the pack (if any)
6. Add the soak methi now in the masala, boiled channa & salt . Mix together and cook for another 4-5 mins with lid on.
Chole is ready to serve with roti/paratha/rice/pulav.
Here is another closer look ;)
Enjoy your day.....