Gobi Manchurian | Dry Gobi Manchurian Recipe | Indo-Chinese Recipes
Other than fried rice other popular and regular indo-chinese recipe at home is gobi manchurian which I have been making for a while now as my nephew like this a lot, oh dear how much I miss him now. You can to surprise your kid then manchurian is great idea always, do little work in order and this doesn't take much time too.
Gobi Manchurian or cauliflower manchurian is a popular Indo-Chinese appetizer recipe which most of us do like along with a bowl or fried rice or noodles or have it as a appetizer/starter. Gobi manchurian has to be the most popular indo-Chinese recipe I think, it's favorite among all age group and everyone love this for sure right? Crunchy yet soft and flavorful gobi/cauliflower manchurian is a great to enjoy and we can make the same at home too.
Gobi manchurian comes in dry and gravy versions where dry gobi manchurian is normally served as starter and gravy gobi manchurian as side dish along fried rice, noodles. I personally prefer dry gobi manchurian than the gravy version but if you want to make it gravy version then refer the vegetable manchurian post and follow gravy recipe, just add fried florets to gravy and it's done.
Other than manchurian we can also make gobi 65 which is another indo-chinese recipe and popular. Other than this you can try aloo gobi paratha or cauliflower soup with cauliflower and I am very surprised I have so limited collection of cauliflower recipe though this is one of the most regular vegetable at home!
Anyways, I shall try to post more cauliflower recipes in future and meanwhile we should focus on this gobi manchurian.
You can also check other Indo-Chinese recipes
- Veg Fried Rice
- Veg Hakka Noodles
- Veg Spring Rolls
- Gobi 65
- Aloo 65
- Pineapple Tofu Manchurian
- Veg Momos
- Vegetable Manchurian Gravy
- Vegetable Fried Noodles
Dry Gobi Manchurian RecipeDry Gobi Manchurian is a popular Indo Chinese appetizer recipe - fried cauliflower with sauce.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 2 Cups - Cauliflower Florets/Gobi
- 1 - Medium Onion
- 2 tbsp - Chopped Spring Onion
- 1 tbsp - Chopped Garlic
- 1/4 Cup - Maida/All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup - Corn Flour
- 1/2 tsp - Sodium Bi Carbonate
- 1 tbsp - Tomato Sauce
- 1 tbsp - Chilli Sauce
- 2 tsp - Soy Sauce
- 1.5 tsp - Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Sugar
- To Taste - Salt
- To Deep Fry + 2 tbsp - Oil
- Immersed cauliflower florets in hot water with salt for 10 minutes to clean and also to parboil it. Finely chop spring onion while part, green part and finely chop onion. Meanwhile heat oil for deep frying, and in a bowl add maida, corn flour, 1/2 tsp pepper powder, salt to taste, cooking soda and make thick paste of coating consistency like we do for pakoda.
- Dip each cauliflower floret in batter or mix all florets in batter (make sure each piece is coated well) and deep fry in batches medium flame until crisp or light golden brown, keep aside.
- In a pan or wok heat 2 tbsp oil add garlic and saute for 30 seconds, add spring onion white part, onion fry till soft and light brown.
- Add tomato sauce, chili sauce, soy sauce, remaining pepper powder, salt and mix well. Add fried cauliflower florets and mix gently to coat florets with sauce, add finely chopped green part of the spring onion and mix well for a minute, off flame.
- You can also add capsicum after frying onion to extra flavors.
- You can add ginger-garlic paste instead of only garlic.
Delicious gobi manchurian, come have a bite?
Gobi manchurian dry,gobi manchurian dry recipe,restaurant style,how to make gobi manchurian dry at home,starters,Indian cauliflower recipes,dry gobi manchurian recipe,cauliflower manchurian recipe,