Happy Holi with Dahi Vada, palak panner with parata
Wish you all colourful and joyful Holi....
It's not much of Holi here in SG, though now a days lot of events are organized for Holi get-together. This is our first Hoii ;) and am composing this post...funny isn't it. It's more like wishing people in the blog world for festival than in real :).......
So come back to Holi ....it's been ages since I played Holi....wish the breakthrough comes soon...
Today the recipe is simple ones...Dahi Vada, Palak Panner with instant parata.
For Dahi Vada
Urad Dal/Black Gram Lentil - 1 cup
Oil - for deep frying
Salt - to taste
Curd/yogurt - 2 cup (beaten)
Dry red chili - 3-4
Green chilli - 2-4 (chopped)
Curry leaves - few
Jeera/Cumin powder - 1tps
1. Soak washed urad/black gram dal over night. Wash again the dal and grind into smooth paste in mixi without any water. Add salt or 1tps of water if required.
2. Transfer the paste into a bowl and beat it with hand. Add salt per taste.
3. Take small portion of it and give desire shape. You can use plastic sheet to make shapes.
6. Meanwhile whisk the curd add salt. Remove the vadas from water and soak it in curd.
7. Top it up with tempering of dry red chili, green chili and curry leave in little oil. Garnish with cumin powder.
FestiveFood: Holi Hai event hosted by dear Purva
And sending Vada and Dahi Vada to Ashwini's Lentils Mela