Kathirikkai Masal/Eggplant Curry with Tandoori Roti and take part in Earth Hour
I tried Kathirikkai Masal from Solai True Chettinad Kitchen. At last started to trying things from my long list of bookmarked recipes....whenever I wish to try any of the recipes I endup lacking in a thing or two....and it was same this time too as I didn't had sambar powder but not letting that to stop me from trying I used redchilli and coriander powders and Kitchen King. For the original recipe check Solai's space, Thanks Solai for the wonderful recipe :)
Here is the recipe again with the changes:
Eggplant (small) - 15-18 (appr. 300) -
Onion - 1 Large (Sliced)
Tomato - 1 Large (diced)
Garlic - 8-10 pods (sliced)
Redchilli powder - 1 1/2 tps
Coriander powder - 1 tps
Kitchen King powder - 1 tps
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 tps
Fennel Seeds - 10 seeds
Curry leaves - 10-12 leaves
Coriander leaves - handful (chopped)
Oil - 2 tbs
Salt - to taste
Water - 1/2 - 1 cup
1. In a pan heat oil, add cumin, fennel seeds and curry leaves let it splutters
2. Add garlic and fry for 1 min. Add sliced onion and fry until it turns light brown.
3. Throw in the chopped tomato and cook for 2mins, now add eggplant (cut each eggplant in 4 slices) and fry them for 3-4 mins.
4. Add all the powder masalas mix well and cook for 3-4 mins again.
5. Add salt and 1/2 cup water, cook with lid on until eggplant becomes tender. Throw in half of the chopped coriander and cook for 5 mins.
6. Garnish with remaining coriander leaves.
This was so yummy... we had it with tandoori roti...
So guys most us know 28th March 2009 from 8.30pm to 9.30pm is Earth Hour. So take part in this 1st Earth Hour, switch off the lights where ever you are and cast your vote. For more details check here