Hi, how you guys doing? So, by now all of us about
This recipe is from one of the cooker booklet, I try to adopt the recipe as much as possible but me being me...there is always a change to two ;)...relatively it's a simple recipe or should I say not to so complicated ! If any of you want to try this then pls go ahead, it just so delicious.
Onion - 2 Large
Tomato - 1 Large
Ginger-garlic paste - 1tbs
Brown Cardamons - 1
Cloves - 2
Cumins Seeds - 1tbs
Poppy Seeds - 1 tbs (or 5-6 cashews)
Dry red chili - 2
Cinnamon - 1" stick
Bay Leave - 1
Redchilli Powder - 1tbs
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tbs
Curd - 1 cup
Garam Masala Powder - 1 tbs
Salt - to taste
Oil - 4-5 tbs
1. Pressure cook washed baby potato for 10 mins or until potato done.
2. In a pan, dry roast brown cardamoms, cloves, cumin and poppy seeds (or cashews).
3. Grind roasted ingredients together with 1 onion, ginger-garlic paste with little water and keep aside.
4. Peel the potato, either deep fry the potatoes or shallow fry them in 1tbs of oil and keep aside.
5. Chop or grate remaining 1 onion and tomato
6. Heat the remaining oil, add whole chillies, cinnamon and bay leaves; stir for few seconds. Add chopped onoin and fry till golden brown.
7. Add ground paste fry for 2 mins, add chopped tomato, salt, chilli and turmeric powders; stir well and cook for 2-3 mins.
8. Beat curd and add 1 tbs curd, stir fry until curd is well blended (appr. for 1/2 mins); repeat the process for rest of curd.
9. Stir fry till oil shows separately, now add potatoes and stir gently to coat the potatoes with masala.
10. Add 2 cups of water and cook on low heat for 5 mins.
11. Add garam masala, stir well and cook for 2mins.
Server hot with roti/paratha/puri or rice/pulav