This is one of my favorite, I can eat tomato chutney/Dip with everything whether it's roti, bread, idli-dosa or rice..I have no particular way of making chutney. .as I like I make them...and during summer when tomato prices comes down you make make these in large quantity and store it. Also you can mix this chutney with rice to make it tomato rice :-)...so here it is...
Tomato - 4 large
Dry red chili - 4 (or according to taste)
Garlic pods - 4 (optional)
Red chilli powder - 1tbs
Mustard Seeds - 1 tbs
Oil - 2 tbs
Salt - to taste
Water - if required.
1. Wash and cut the tomato in chunks.
2. Heat 1 tbs oil in pan, add garlic, dry chili and saute for a min.
3. Add tomato chunks and saute for 2-3 mins, add salt and red chili powder mix well and cook for 2mins and off the stove.
4. Let the tomato cool down then make puree (if required add very little water)
5. Heat remaining oil in pan, add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add the puree and cook for 2-3 mins.
Tomato chutney is ready. If you want to store the chutney for long then do not add any water. And this goes to Festive Food: Summer Treat hosted by me. Also to 15 minutes Cooking.
And here jelly I made for my nephew Kedar.
Enjoy your day...