Cumin Pepper Rice
You guys remember my Jeera Rice here and here are the recipe which I make using cooker. This time I had leftover rice and I didn't want to spend time making Chawal ki Roti so thought of making quick jeera rice. For added flavor I added pepper too. Sometimes simple things make much of difference in this case it's the jeera mirch chawal....so here we go
Serving - 2
Rice/Chawal - 1 cup [cooked]
Green chili/Hari Mirch - 2-3
Garlic/Lehsun - 2 pods [ optional]
Cumin Seeds/Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Pepper Crushed/Kaali Mirch- 1/2 tps
Oil/Til - 1 tbs
Salt/Namak - to taste of 3/4 tsp should be fine.
1. Chop the garlic and green chili.
2. In a pan heat oil add cumin and allow them to crack.
3. Add garlic and saute for a min, add green chili saute for 30secs.
4. Now add the cooked rice mix well. Add freshly crushed pepper, salt and mix everything nicely.
5. Cook for 4-5 mins on low flame.
Jeera Pepper Rice is ready to enjoy.
This goes to Nag's Monthly Mingle #33 - Ravishing Rice Recipes event started by Meeta