Birthday Celebration Continues....Part II
DH has conveyed his heartfelt THANK U to all of you for your wishes. Continuing from my last post let's move on to the main course but before that I didn't mention in my last post that those Almond Stuffed Dates are awesome...it's just melt in mouth and everyone liked it so much, want to thank again Yasmeen :)
So after starters we move on to main course:
Chickpeas Salad - Check in previous post
After looking here n there I settle with SuperChef's Stuffed Peppers. I made few changes in the recipe and it was super hit, the most appreciated item was this Stuffed Capsicum and it's pity simple to make too. Thanks SuperChef for the recipe ..here is my version:
Ingredients [ For Original Recipe click here]
Capsicum - 6 [I used green, yellow and red]
Onion - 2 medium size [chopped]
Ginger-garlic paste - 2tsp
Cooked Rice - 1&1/2 cup [a cup which can hold 150ml]
Kasturi Methi - 2tbsp
Raisins - 2-3 tbsp
Olive oil - 3-4 tbsp
Cheese - 1/4 cup [ I used Parmesan cheese]
Pepper - 1-2 tsp freshly ground
Salt - to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375F - 390F.
2. Wash, dry and scoop out the seeds from capsicums [use sharp knief
and scooper] and brush them with olive oil and bake for 15-20 mins. [I
baked for 20mins in 390F].
3. Heat some olive oil in a pan and sauté the onions and ginger-garlic paste until onion turns light brown.
4. Soak kasturi methi in warm water with 1/4tsp of salt for 10-15mins. Drain the water and keep the methi.
5. Add soaked methi, rice, raisins, salt and pepper mix well and cook for 2-3mins.
6. Take out the capsicums from oven and fill them with rice mixture [use different size of spoons for filling will help]
7. Top with grated cheese and bake for 20 mins in 390F. [ I sprinkle some fresh crushed pepper on top of cheese]
Yummy stuffed peppers are ready.
Dum Aloo - I have posted the recipe here and trust me this is full proof recipe...always tasty, everyone liked it very much again.
Next up is Paneer Jalfrezi
I thinking a lot for what to make with paneer and after so much of thinking I settle for jalfrezi, I search lot of recipes but nothing excited me much so I came up with my own.
Paneer - 500gms
Capsium - 1/2 cup Julians [I used red and yellow]
Onion - 1 large [chopped]
Tomato - 1large [julians]
Carrot - 1 medium [julians]
Ginger-garlich paste - 1tsp
Dry red chilli - 1
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Fennel Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Redchilli Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 4tbsp
Water - 1/2 cup
Salt - to taste
1. In a pan heat 1tbsp Oil and saute paneer until golden brown, keep aside.
2. In a same pan add remaining oil and heat. Add cumin and fennel seeds, dry chilli and allow them to crack.
3. Add chopped onion and ginger-garlic paste and suate until onion turns brown. Add carrot and capsicums and fry for 2mins.
4. Add tomato and all powder masala fry for another 2mins. Now add 1/2 cup water,salt [add more if you want] mix everything well and cook for 5mins in medium heat.
Enjoy Paneer Jalfrezi
Other items will be in next post :)..Dum Aloo and Paneer Jalfrezi goes to Viki's Side Dish for Chapathi Event.
And this post goes to Rak's Cooking For Guests” Event