Channa Daal Sabzi - Bengalgram Lentil Curry
Hello Foodies, hope all of U doing great with weekend around to relax ;) ...It's always happens with me that I won't have anything with me to cook, don't know about you guys. The same happen again one day I had nothing other than one onion and I had a brain storming session with the agenda of what to do :p...so you guys thought we can only brain storms for our projects ;) ...anyways coming back to this sabzi...I tried it for 1st time...my mom use to make this sabzi which has crunchy taste and a great help when we run out of things.
Here presenting Channa Daal Sabzi to all of you...
Serving: 2-3 persons
Channa Daa/Bengalgram Lentil - 1/2 Cup
Onion - 1 large
Greenchilli - 3
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Dry Redchilli - 1
Ginger-garlic paste - 1tsp [optional]
Redchilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp [optional]
Curry Leaves - few [optional]
Coriander leaves - [optional]
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 tbs
1. Wash and saok daal in water for 1 hour. [U can soak more than 1 hour too]
2. Slice onion and green chilli.
3. Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds and let it crack, add dry chilli, onion, green chilli, curry leaves and stir well.
4. Add ginger garlic paste, mix well and cook till onion becomes light brown.
5. Add all the powder masala, stir and cook for a min.
6. Drain water from daal and keep aside.
7. Add daal in to pan, mix well and cook for a min.
6. Add the drain water or fresh water 1cup, give a gud stir.
7. Cover with lid and cook in medium flame for 10 mins.
8. Add salt, stir and cook for another 10mins. Daal should be cook but not very soft, it should be crunchy.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
Note: I didn't add coriander leaves and garam masala.
You can also add tomato.
Enjoy your weekend...