After Babycorn Manchurian I'm back with my nephew Kedar's favorite item list. To come to think of it....the list is quite big ;)....he likes Palak Paneer a lot and recently on 25th Dec we went to Kashmir Restaurant in Race Course Road to celebrate my sister's birthday we ordered palak panner and he told me Pinni it's not like you make :-)...ya that's one thing he keep telling me where ever we eat whether it's a restaurant or at any friends place !
Okie so before moving over to the recipe let me quickly do this. I was having this thought for a while in my mind...to write about restaurant/hotel food review
I would recommend to any visit Kashmir in Racecourse road if you are looking for good North Indian food they have wide variety of vegg and non-vegg dishes. Do try the Sheekh kabab (veg or non-veg), chicken tikka, kadai chicken, papadi chat, kadai paneer or simply ask for Chef recommendation. Whatever it may be but do try the Mango Lassi there...it's simply yummy. If any of you do visit..then let me know how did you liked it.
So coming back to the recipe ..I have made palak paneer one of these days and Kedar happily ate.
Spinach/Palak - 2 bunch
Cottage Cheese /Panneer - 250 gms
Green chilli - 10-12 (according to taste)
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tps
Ginger - 1 tbs (grated)
Redchilli powder - 1 tps
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tps
Salt - to taste
Oil - 3 -4 tbs
1. Clean and blanch the spinach, green chili, ginger. Remove from hot water, keep the spinach in running water for a minute or two and keep aside.
2. Make paste of spinach, ginger, chilli, cumin seeds.
3. In a pan heat 1tps of oil and fry paneer until light golden brown (this step is option)
4. In the same pan add remaining oil and heat. Add spinach paste and cook for 5 mins.
5. Add chili, turmeric powder, salt and mix well. If required add 1/4 cup water and simmer for 2-3 mins more.
6. Add fried panner and cook for 2 mins with lid on.
Server with paratha, puri, roti, pulav or anything. I have server with instant paratha.
Here one more closer look
And this also goes to Alka of Sindhi Rasoi 'Just for You' event.