It has been a pinky Sunday ;)....and again it rained heavy on Sunday afternoon....well SG it's like that we can't do anything about it..can we ;)...Now moving over to Beetroot and Cabbage special today....and everything goes to Priya's FIC - Pink/Rose event started by Harini
First up is Beetroot and Cabbage Cutlet
Beetroot - 1 Cup (Grated)
Cabbage - 2 Cups (Grated)
Green chillies - 4-5 (Finely Chopped)
Coriander leaves - handful (Chopped)
Curry Leaves - few (chopped)
Corn flour - 3-4 tbs
Redchilli powder - 1 tbs
Salt - to taste
Oil - for pan fry
1. Grate cabbage, peeled beetroot. Finely chop chillies, coriander leaves and curry
2. Mix well all ingredients (except oil).
3. Heat a pan/tawa, add 1tbs of oil
4. Take small portions of the mixture and form a shape of cutlet or any other shape
5. Place one by one in pan and cook until golden brown on both the sides on low flame(apply oil little as required).
We had it with tea as evening snack and it was perfect in raining evening :)
Next up is Beetroot & Cabbage Soup
Beetroot - 1/4 cup
Cabbage - 2 cups
Bay leaf - 1
Cloves - 2
Pepper Corn - to taste
Salt - to taste
Olive Oil - 1tbs
Water - 3 cups
1. Chop Cabbage and beetroot in large chunks
2. In a cooker heat oil, add bay leaf, cloves and saute for a min
3. Add the beetroot chunks and saute for 2-3 mins. Add cabbage and saute for 2 mins.
4. Add salt, few pepper corns, and 1 cup of water and pressure cook for 10mins
5. Let the cooker release pressure, make puree of the veggies (discard the bay leaf)
6. Add this puree back to the cooker with some more (2cups) water (as thick you want), bring it to boil (add more salt and pepper if required)
Soup is ready..if you wish add some milk or fresh cream...I like mine just as it is.
Final is Beetroot & Cabbage Parata
When I saw Beets parata in Priya's space it was so eye catching...so I thought of making it, though mine is little difference from hers.
I used the beet and cabbage puree (same used in soup), ajawin, salt and wheat flour to make a dough and make parata & served it with Kalonji ..it was yummy..thanks Priya for the idea :)
Now moving away from pink parade....here is one more entry to Lakshmi's Meals on Wheels is Kalonji or Stuffed Bittergourd which I made again and as this stays well upto a week if store properly. For detail recipe click here