Sprouted Moong Daal Khichdi
I always feel to prepare something light, easy and quick for Saturdays lunch and mostly end up with Khichdi or simple daal chawal. I had sprouted some moong daal and made the khichdi with some for a change. One can use regular moong daal or any other daal & to make the khichdi a little more interesting normally I add few veggies.
So here is one of simple version of khichdi
Serving ~ 2 persons
Sprouted Moong Daal - 1/2 cup
Rice - 1/2 cup
Carrot - 1 medium size
Tomato - 1 medium size
Green Chili - 3
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Water - 2 cups or more
Ghee/Oil - 2 tbs
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Dry Red Chili - 1-2
Garlic - 2 pods
1. Wash and soak rice for 10 or 15mins [soaking is optional] and keep the daal ready.
2. Chop carrot, tomato and slit green chili. Crush the garlic and keep aside.
3. In pressure cooker add rice, sprouted daal, tomato, carrot, chili, salt, turmeric and add 2 cups of water.
4. Pressure cook for 3 whistles
Prepare a tadka/tempering with oil or ghee.
5. Heat oil/ghee add cumin seeds allow to splutters, add crushed garlic and dry red chili and saute for a min.
6. Once cooker release the pressure, give a gud stir to cooked rice & daal. Add little more water or adjust salt if required.
7. Pour the tadka over khichdi and enjoy hot with pappad, pickle, curd.
And sending this to Sara's CWS: Cumin Seeds a event started by Priya and to Susan's MLLA#23
Enjoy your day...