Tehri ~ Vegetable Biryani
As I mention in my Potato fry and Raitha post hubby made the Tehri, so here am posting the recipe of Tehri and this goes to my Festive Food: His Cooking Event. The recipe is very simple and any vegetable can be used. He used whatever we had in hand that day.
Serving ~ 2-3 persons
Rice - 1 cup
Carrot - 1
Beans - 5-6
Corn - 2 tbs [optional]Onion - 1
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1 tps [optional]
Salt - to taste
Coriander leaves - 1tbs chopped [ optional]
Oil - 2 tbs
Water - 1 1/2 cup
1. Slice onion, chop beans and carrot, wash rice & keep aside.
2. In a pressure cooker heat oil, add cumin seeds add cumin seed allow to splutter. Add sliced onion and cook until golden brown.
3. Add carrot, stir and fry for a min. Now add the beans, stir and fry for a min.
4. Add corn, all the powder masala and stir well. Stir for 2-3 mins or until masala is cooked in medium heat.
5. Add salt, rice & mix everything. Fry for 3-4 mins in medium heat.
6. Add water, stir well, check for salt and close the pressure cooker & cook for 2 whistles.
7. Wait for pressure to release. Open the cooker, stir gently and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Enjoy the Tehri with any raitha.
Also going to the event is Palak Saag and Peas Fried Rice made by him
Enjoy your day.....