Aloo Methi ~ Potato with Fenugreek Leaves
There are so many ways of making a dish so that's goes same with this one too. I used boiled potato here but one can try with raw potato too just need to chop/slice then in small pieces, that's one thing I want to try. This is one of most easy recipe and taste great with roti/parata or just daal and rice.
Potato/Aloo - 1 [Boiled]
Organic Fenugreek Leaves/Methi - 100 gms [1 cup loosely packed]
Onion - 1 [large]
Green Chili - 2 [optional]
Ginger-garlic paste - 1tsp [Just garlic is fine too]
Red Chili Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste
1. Boil potato, peel and cut in cubes. Chop onion, and green chili, keep aside.
[ Refrigerated potato just works fine as it doesn't crumble much and hold the shape]
2. Clean, wash and chop the fenugreek leaves/methi along with tender part of stems, discard root and thick stems.
[Methi in Singapore is different from what we get in India, once the dish is prepared one can find more stems than the leaves :), but I found the organic methi more better and lesser stems. Look at the methi we get here...]
3. In a pan heat oil, add cumin seeds and allow to crack.
4. Add chopped onion and green chili, saute for a minute.
5. Add ginger-garlic paste and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes or until onion turns light brown.
6. Add chopped fenugreek leaves/methi and stir. Add all the spices and salt, stir well and cook for 5-7 mintues or until methi water is absorbed in slow to medium heat.
7. Add cuted potato and mix gently. Cover with lid and cook in medium to slow heat for 5 minutes.
Simple and easy Aloo Methi is ready to indulge ..and this goes to Priya's Think Spice - Think Fenugreek, a event started by Sunitha's
Enjoy your day....