Plantain (Raw Banana) Shallow Fry | Vazhakkai Curry
Plantain shallow/ tawa fry or yam shallow fry are some of my favorite side dish cause it's very easy and quick to prepare and taste just too good. Whenever I get plantain I make the plantain stir fry (kacche kele ki sabzi) or this shallow fry than any thing else.
This recipe is very simple but if you can few variations of your choice or preference or depending on this going to be your for any dal/sambar/rasam or rice variety. But whenever you make this be sure to make little extra as it will disappear very soon.
Plantain Shallow Fry | Vazhakkai CurryPrep time:
Serving : 2-3 Persons
Plantain/Raw Banana/Kaccha Kela - 1Oil/Tel - 1 tbsp
Cumin Seeds/Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Mustard Seeds/Rai - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder/Haldi - 1/2 tsp
Salt/Namek - To Taste (or 1/2 tsp)
1. Peel, wash and cut the plantain in thin slices.
2. In a pan heat oil add cumin, mustard seeds and allow to splutter.
3. Add plantain (raw banana) pieces and saute for 2 minutes. Add chilli, coriander, tumeric powder, salt and mix well.
4. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes or until banana gets cooked fully, keep stirring in intervals.
~ In a pan or tawa heat little oil and place plantain pieces, don't overlap. Cook in slow or medium flame for 3-4 minutes, Flip other side of plantain pieces and sprinkle little oil on top of them, cooking again in slow flame for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve warm with dal/sambar/rasam or any variety rice and relish.
- Instead of chilli, coriander & turmeric powder you can use 2 tsp of Sambar Powder.
- You can also add cumin powder or fennel seeds powder.
- Use 1 tsp of ginger-garlic paste if you prefer but normally it's not needed.
Have a nice day ~~