Assorted Pakoras | FrittersMost of us like/love pakoda/fritters over a cup of tea. I have tried so many times to post a pakoda recipe but it never really happened so this time I made up my mind I have, this was part of starter for a small get-together we had this Sunday. This recipe which is little different, I just tried adding few new extra ingredients and made pakoda of Cauliflower, Onion, Potato, Bread along with mint chutney, I have posted mint chutney here.
Serving: 6-8 persons
Potato - 1 Medium
Onion - 2 medium
Cauliflower - 1 cup florets
Bread - 4-5 slice (I used 2 hot dog buns)
Tomato Ketchup - 3tbsp
Mint Chutney - 3tbsp
Oil - for deep fry
Chickpeas Flour/Besan - 1 1/2 cup
Rice Flour - 1/2 cup
Red chili Powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp [optional]
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp [optional]
Soda - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Orange Food Colour - 1/2 tsp [optional, I used Kesari Powder]
For Chili Paste: [optional]
Green chili - 4-5 [ to taste]
Mint Leaves - 3 tbsp [chopped]
Garlic - 1 small pod
Ginger - 1/2" piece
1. Grind all the ingredients under 'Chili Paste' into smooth paste with little or no water.
2. Mix all the ingredients under 'Batter' along with chili paste in to smooth paste without any lumps adding water in small quantity and make a thick batter, keep aside.
3. Wash, peel and cut onion, potato in thin round/slice shape.
4. Cut the cauliflower in small florets and microwave for 5mins in little water, keep aside.
5. Cut the hot bun from middle and apply tomato ketchup in one slice and mint chutney in another, place both the slice together and cut in small pieces.
[If using bread do the same thing, apply chutney and ketchup in individual slices, place together and cut in desired shape and size]
6. Heat oil in a wok/kadai, dip veggies and bread pieces in chickpeas batter covering the batter all over the pieces and deep fry in medium heat until golden brown. Repeat the same for all the batch.
Serve hot/warm with choose of chutney/sauce/ketchup.
These are great starters for any party or a yummy snack, we all know this ofcourse :)
Enjoy your day ....