Baingan Aloo Bharta | Punjabi Baingan Bharta Recipe
Bharta taste good when it's done in simple way without much of masala and also important thing in bharta is to cook the onion well for bharta to taste delicious, incase of using onion-tomato base then both onion and tomato needs to be cook well and that's makes bharta yum in all way. I make bharta a lot as it's favorite for everyone at home.
Baingan Aloo Bharta is another bharta variety which is delicious and if you like bharta then this is of course no exception. I started to make aloo baigan bharta by chance when once I was trying to utilize some left over boiled potato and from then it's has become regular and favorite. Potato gives texture to bharta and also we don't really have to use tomato too with this combination.
Specialty of baingan bhart is it's goes well with roti, paratha and dal-chawal ie rice & lentil too very well. I like this baingan aloo bharta with both dal-rice and also with roti equally so what you want to pair this along is your choice.
You can also try other Punjabi Sabzi Recipes
Baingan Aloo Bharta RecipeRoasted eggplant with mashed potato cooked in onion-tomato and spices for delicious baingan aloo bharta.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 1 Large - Eggplant/Baigan
- 2 Medium - Potatoes/Aloo
- 3 Large - Onions
- 4 - Green Chilies
- 6 Large - Garlic Pods
- 2 tbsp - Oil
- 1 tsp - Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tbsp - Crushed Kasoori Methi
- 1/2 tsp - Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp - Amchur/Dry Mango Powder
- To Taste - Salt
- 3 tbsp - Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Pressure cook potato for 3 whistles and while potato getting cooked, wash and make 3 large cuts around eggplant or baingan, stuff 1 to 2 in each slit, brush eggplant with oil well and roast in medium direct flame until skins turns black and eggplant becomes little soggy, do rotate eggplant in different directions in intervals.
- Once eggplant gets cool enough to handle, cut the stem, remove skin and mash it well (take out the roasted garlic). Also peel potatoes and mash them too.
- Peel and finely chop onions, green chilies, coriander leaves and finely chop roasted and raw garlic.
- In a pan or wok heat oil add garlic and saute until golden brown, add cumin seeds and allow to splutter. Now add green chilies, onion and saute in medium heat until onion becomes light brown and soft.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, kasoori methi mix well and cook for min, add mashed eggplant & potato, dry mango powder and stir well to combine everything. Cook for 5 minutes in slow flame, add coriander leaves mix well and off flame.
- Spicy bharta always taste good but you can adjust chili to suit your taste.
- You can also add 2 large chopped tomato after adding chili and turmeric powder and cook until mashed before adding eggplant, potato for variation.
- I like to add lot of garlic in bharta, you can reduce it too.
Delicious baingan aloo bharta.
baingan bharta, baigan bharta, baingan aloo bharta recipe, how to make baingan bharta,dum ke baingan, baingan bhaja, baingan aloo chuka,bharta recipe, how to make bharta, Aloo baigan ka bharta