Gun Powder | PodiI love podi, be it any kinda of podi and I can eat it with anything and everything and the same goes for chutney too.
So when I saw Mriganayani's Gun Powder I was so tempted to try, her blog is just wonderful with yummy recipes and all so helpful pictures. I made few changes; eg: in her recipe is asked to grind the sesame seeds alone first then following by the lentil but I did all grinding together as I did in small quantity. I loved the podi and it got over in no time :-).. Thanks gal for the recipe.
And this podi goes to Aqua's & Jaya's Back to Basics Event ...thanks Jaya for the tip :)
Toor Daal/Pigeon Pea - 2 tbsp
Chana Daa;/Bengal Gram - 1 tbsp
Urad Daal/Black Gram - 1/2 tbsp
White Sesame Seeds - 1/2 tbsp
Dry Red Chili - 10-12 pieces
Hing - a pinch
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
1. Pluck stems from chilies and keep aside.
2. Roast sesame seeds in a pan until golden brown and oil starts coming out.
3. In a same pan add 1/2 tsp oil and roast all the daal one by one until golden brown and keep side.
[I roast one by one to get all the daal roasted properly]
4. Add another 1/2 tsp of oil and fry the chilies until light brown.
5. Let all the ingredients comes to room temperature and grind in to fine or coarse powder along with salt and hing.
Once the powder is cool store in airtight containers and enjoy with rice/idly/dosa or with anything as I do.
Enjoy your day ...