Navratan Korma | Mix Vegetables In Creamy Sauce
Navratan Korma/Kurma whatever we may to call it but that's doesn't effect the richness of this dish. We do not order much of navratan korma while eating out due to the sweetness so at home it's prepared to suit our taste bud. And I think that's why we see many version of navratan korma, everyone has their own style of making it.
Here I followed my sister method with a few changes like she doesn't add raisins and paneer and I did, also always grind raisins if I'm using it in any curry. I made this during a get together at home and got good appreciation from guests..what else we want right :) and due to the hurry and other work I took all the picture in hurry so ignore that it tasted real good.
Diced Vegetables - 3 cups [ I used carrot, beans, cauliflower, peas, corn, capsicum and potato]
Paneer - 1/4 cup or few cubes.
Cashew & Raisins - 1/4 cup or 15 each
Onion - 2 large
Tomato - 2 larege
Green Chili - 5
Ginger-Garlic Paste - 2 tsp
Red Chili Powder - 2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
Dry Mango Powder/ Amchur -1/2 tsp [optional]
Milk - 1 cup
Butter - 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Cilantro - 3 tbsp [chopped]
1. Finely chop onion, slit green chili and puree the tomato. Soak dry fruits in water for 10 minutes and grind to smooth paste.
2. Chop all the vegetables and keep aside. Thaw veggie if using frozen [ I used frozen peas, corn and paneer].
3. Add all the vegetables & chilies except peas, corn and peas with little water and microwave for 5 minutes. Add peas & corn and microwave for 3 more minutes.
~This is optional step, this makes the cooking process faster.
4. Meanwhile heat butter in pan add chopped onion and saute until transparent, add ginger-garlic paste, mix well and cook for 1 minute. Add all powder masala and cook for another 1 minute.
5. Add puree tomato, mix well and cook for 6-8 minutes or until butter starts oozing out.
6. Now add 1 cup water and milk and simmer until a boils comes. Add microwave vegetables and cook in medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
7. Add paneer and cashew, raisins paste and give a good stir cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add salt and cook for 5 minutes until gravy become thick.
~ Remember to add salt only in the last stage or milk will curdle.
Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with paratha/naan/roti or pulav.
Have a nice day ...