Eggless Almond Brownie
I got this sudden fit of baking brownie and I end up doing this. I settle myself with Joy of Baking but made few changes in the recipe. The brownie are tasty, yummy, soft and easy to make. Few ingredients and you get this delicious brownie. I don't want to say much so let's check out the recipe.
White Granulated Sugar - 1/2 cup
[original recipe asked for 2/3 cup of sugar but for us/12 C was more than enough]
Butter - 1/3 cup [at room temperature]
Vanilla Extract or Essence - 1 tsp
Fresh Cream - 1/4 cup OR 1 Egg
All Purpose Flour - 1/3 cup
Cocoa Powder - 1/3 cup
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Sour Cream - 1/4 cup [ I used yogurt)
Almond Flakes - 2 tbsp or Chopped almonds [optional]
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/392F.
2. In a bowl beat sugar and buttery until smooth. If you are suing hand beater then it's going to take some time.
3. Add vanilla extract and fresh cream and beat again well.
[My hands started to pain while beating as it was granulated sugar so I add essence and cream and beat it well till sugar dissolves]
4. Whisk or sieve flour, baking and cocoa powder in a small bowl/plate. Fold flour mixture in to sugar and butter mixture. Add half of flour mixture fold it nicely then add the rest of flour, this is to ensure no lumps are formed.
5. Now add the sour cream or yogurt and whisk nicely to bring everything together. Fold almonds flakes. Grease 8" square pan and pour this mixture into it, smooth the top.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges starts to pull away from sides of pan but the center of brownie is still slightly soft.
[ Do not over bake, or the brownies will be too dry]
8. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.
Once completed cooled, place a plate on top of tin and invert the tin, tap few times with a spoon on top of tin...this will help the brownie to come out. Cut in squares with care. Well this what I did, if you have any better way to take the brownie out of pan please do share.
Do ignore the little crumble on the pic...I was excited and it result in few crumbs ...if you didn't notice that ..well then let's move on.
Brownie are soft I ever tasted and purely melting on mouth ....the taste was so good ...better than what we get outside. Enjoy as it is or with ice cream ...choice is yours.
You have to try to believe me :) This goes to Divya's place to celebrate her blog 3rd Anniversary and also to Torview's Food Paltte Series Brown.
Have Nice Day ~~