Mix Vegetables Kurma | Mix Vegetables with Cashew Sauce
Remember my Navratan Korma? In that I said I have used my sister method with some modification, so here am posting the original method of my sis. This is simple curry but taste really good and goes well with chapathi, paratha, pulav or anything. We can also add any vegetable of our choice ...let's check the recipe now.
Diced Vegetables - 2 cups
[Used here is carrot, beans, peas, red capsicum and potato]
Cashew nuts - 10
Poppy Seeds - 1 tbsp
[If you don't have poppy seeds then add more 6-7 cashews]
Oil - 1 tbsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon - 1" piece
Green Cardamom - 1
Clove - 1
Bay Leaf - 1 small
Onion - 1 large
Tomato - 1 large
Green Chilli -3-4 [halved]
Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Cilantro - 2 tbsp [chopped]
1. Dice all the vegetables in almost same size and microwave for 5 minutes with little water, 1/4 turmeric powder. Stir after every minute.
2. Meanwhile Soak cashew and poppy seeds in little warm water for 10 minutes and grind into smooth paste, keep aside.
3. In a pan heat oil, add bay leaf, Cinnamon, cardamom, clove, cumin seeds and allow to splutter. Add chopped onion and sauté for 2 minutes or until it becomes pinkish.
4. Add ginger-garlic paste, chillies and mix well sauté for another minute.
5. Add chopped tomato, chilli, coriander, turmeric powder; mix everything and cook for a minutes.
6. Add salt and all the vegetables, give a good stir. Add 1 to 1.5 cup water and cook for 5 mintues.
7. Now add the cashew n poppy seeds paste mix everything well and cook for 8-10 minutes in medium flame or until all the veggies gets cooked and gravy becomes thick.
8. Adjust salt if required and garnish with cilantro.
Enjoy with paratha or pulav ...
Have a good Day ~~