So you all are ready to watch the finals today? I'm all geared up too and before that this post is coming as during Ind Pak match I had lot of fun in facebook watching the match together and commenting with other bloggers friends and decide to cook something up n post for the finals to munch on and enjoy the game. We call it Chak De India event :)
I never ate palak dhokla before but was try for a long time and today seems to be perfect day it's one the quick, simple, tasty, healthy and filling snack to enjoy with game :)
Spinach/Palak -1 bunch [makes 1 cup puree]
Chickpeas Flour/Besan - 1 cup
Semolina/Suji - 1tbsp
Yoghurt/Curd - 1/2 Cup
Green Chillies -2
Ginger - 1" piece
Oil - 2tsp + for greasing
Cooking Soda - 1/4 tsp
Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
Eno/fruit salt - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Water - if required
Cilantro - for garnishing [optional]
Oil - 1 tsp
Asafoetida - a pinch
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies - 4 slit
Curry Leaves - few
1. Clean and blanch spinach and grind to smooth puree with green chillies and ginger, keep aside.
3. Add spinach puree, oil, lemon juice and mix well, if required add little water to make thick pouring consistency batter with no lumps.
4. Prepare a steamer or steam water in pressure cooker and grease a bowl or plate with oil.
5. Mix well eno salt with batter, pour in grease bowl and steam for 15-20 minutes or until a fork/toothpick comes out clean. Do not put whistle on the cooker lid.
6. Meanwhile prepare tempering, heat oil add asafoetida, mustard seeds once it starts to crack add slit green chillies, curry leaves and sauté for a minute off the flame.
7. Take out the dhokla once it slight cool to handle and remove from the bowl, pour the tempering over it and cut in desire shape.
Serve with green chutney and enjoy the dhokla
I also made this drink to sip and enjoy the game :)
Have good day :)