Aloo Aur Pyaaz Ki Bhujia | Potato & Onion Stir Fry
I know I post lot of stir fry recipe but then these are very handy recipe when you don't feel like cooking or in a rush it can be a saver, specially after coming home from office I break my head what to cook easy & quick and those days these kind of simple recipe really save my time and energy. This is one of my favorite stir fry, during our school days a regular lunch box along with roti or paratha and a pity that I never really did this combination. So one of these days I was thinking what to make and suddenly I thought of this aloo pyaaz ki bhujia, it's so simple and yet to tasty. Though let me warn you its highly additive oh ya you can get addicted to a simple stir fry too...don’t always have to be a fancy dish ;)
Serves ~ 2-3
Potato - 2 Large
Onion - 1 Large
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Dry Red Chilli - 2 broken
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste
1. Peel, wash and cut the potato lengthwise and slice the onion.
2. Heat oil n a pan/wok, add cumin seeds and allow spluttering, add broken red chilli and sauté until brown.
3. Now add potato mix well and cook in medium to slow flame until potato is half cooked takes around 5-7 minutes in slow flame, stir in intervals.
4. Add onion and sauté until it becomes transparent. Add salt and turmeric powder, mix well.
5. Cook until potato gets fully cooked. Off the flame and cover the pan let it sit for 5 minutes before you dig in.
Goes well with roti or any type of paratha, variety rice or rasam/sambar/dal rice.
Enjoy your day ~~