Anjeer Khajoor Roll | Dry Figs Dates & Nuts Roll Recipe
Today marks the 3rd Anniversary of Indian Khana, it has been 3 years since I started this blog and it's like just yesterday! As I said before I never thought I will come this far and this happened due to all the wonderful blogger friends and readers, so Thank You all for your support and that's makes me going. To celebrate the blog anniversary I made this Anjeer Khajoor Chakra or Roll you can say which is sugar free, ghee/butter free and loaded with nutrition value. It makes a perfect snack or dessert which one can enjoy any time of day or a detectable sweet for festival's and it's also very easy, quick to prepare, now what else one can ask for? Enjoy the sweet and thanks for being there.
Makes 20-24 pieces
Dry Figs/ Anjeer - 20 pieces
Dates/Khajoor - 1 1/2 Cups
Walnut - 1/3 Cup
Almond - 1/3 Cup
Cashew nuts- 1/3 Cup
Nutmeg Powder - 1/2 tsp
Desiccate Coconut - 3/4 Cup
Sliver Varq - As required
Water - 1 Cup
1. Soak dry figs/anjeer in warm water for 1 hour.
2. De-seed the dates and chop in pieces.
3. Meanwhile finely chop all the fry fruits. I use my nut cutter, you can give a run in mixer or blender each nut separately. Divide each chopped dry fruits in two parts and keep aside.
4. Grind soaked figs without any water, add chopped dates and grind it to smooth paste.
5. Mix half portion from each chopped fry fruit and with figs and dates paste and make a soft pitiable dough.
6. Now add coconut (coconut helps to make the dough firm and non-sticky). Divide the dough in to four pieces and make smooth balls.
7. Take a piece and keep between plastic sheets or ziplock bags and roll to make a thin layer. Cut the edges if required.
8. Sprinkle almond, cashew and walnut around 1 tbsp of each and start to fold the layer into a roll, use plastic sheet for folding, this way the dough wont stick or break. Keep the roll wrap in the plastic sheet and fold the sheets edges. Repeat the same procedure for remaining pieces.
9. Store wrapped roll in fridge for 2-4 hours or over night, apply sliver varq if using and cut in desire shape.
~ We this keep in fridge to make the roll firm otherwise it's tends to break. Be gentle while making the pieces and use a sharp knife.
And our chakra/roll is ready.
Enjoy this guilt free sweet with no sugar or ghee along with dry fruits, fig and dates benefits.
You can use dry coconut instead of sliver varq for garnishing the roll.
Instead of chakra, one can make laddo or squares.
Use sugar if required.
Store the chakras/roll in butter paper if using sliver varq.
Have a nice day ~~