Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe
There was a time I didn't use to like Broccoli and now it has become regular at home, most of the time I conveniently make Broccoli Soup, broccoli salad or a simple stir fry like I did with the Kathrikkai Rasavangi. This time I decide to add tomato to bring a little tangy flavor, you can skip the tomato if you don't want to use but with or without tomato it's makes a good stir fry and goes well with just any thing.
Broccoli - 1 floret around 350gms
Onion - 1 medium size
Tomato - 1 medium size
Green Chilies - 2
Garlic Cloves - 2
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Red Chili Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
Salt - taste
1. Wash and cut the broccoli in small florets. Chop the stems too if you prefer, I try to use stems.
2. Slice the onion, slit chilies and chop tomato, keep aside. Crush or chop the garlic.
3. In a pan heat oil, add cumin let it crack. Add garlic and saute until light brown
4. Add onion, chilies and saute until pink. Add broccoli florets and saute for 2-3 minutes in medium flame.
5. Add salt mix well and cook in slow flame with lid on for a minute.
6. Add tomato and all spice powder give a good stir cover and cook until tomato mash well and broccoli gets cooked but still crunchy around 3-5 minutes.
Have with it roti/paratha or dal rice/ sambar rice.
~ You can use sambar powder instead of red chili and coriander powders.
~ Skip the tomato if you wish.
~ One can add little Amchur/Dry Mango Powder instead of tomato.
Have a nice day ~~