Eggless Wheat Almond Cookies
Remember the sweet punch gals made eggless almond cookie few months back? Well the cookie was so tempting that I made it the same day as the recipe is very simple, any one can just try that and ya you have guessed it right, this post is liked waited for a very long to be published ;)
I followed from Manjulaskitchen, she also have youtube video which makes these cookie more easy to make. The outcome was as expected, DH loved the cookies and no time everything was finished, I literally had to hide the cookies to take pictures !! I have made these few times for friends and all of them loved it too, the freshly crushed cardamom flavor is just amazing and adds a extra zing to the cookies so do not miss that.
Makes 22-24 medium size cookies
Whole Wheat Flour - 1 Cup
Sugar - 1/2 Cup
Almonds Flakes/ Sliced Almonds - 1/4 Cup
Green Cardamom - 1/2 tsp [coarsely powdered]
Salt - 1/4 tsp [skip salt if using salted butter]
Unsalted Butter - 1/2 Cup [at room temperature]
Milk - 2-3 tbsp if needed
1. Pre-heat the oven to 360F or 180C.
2. In a bowl or plate add flour, sugar, salt, cardamom powder, almond flakes and mix well.
~ I powdered the sugar and also sieve flour n sugar.
3. Add butter with flour mixture and make soft dough. Add milk only if required, and each time add 1tbsp of milk. I used 2 tbsp milk. The dough will be very soft.
3. Divide the dough into equal 22-24 pieces and make them into balls, press lightly between palms each ball and keep thickness of about 1/2".
4. Place the dough balls on an ungreased cookie sheet about a inch apart from each other. Use a fork to make a impression or just leave it as it is.
5. Bake the cookies for 18 minutes or until cookies are lightly brown. Let the cookies cool on a wire rack for 2-3 minutes and then remove them from the cookie sheets. Once completely cooled to room temperature store in a air light box if anything left to store ;)
Enjoy these cookies as it or over a cup of tea/coffee ....
- We find the cookies to be extra sweet so reduce the sugar little if you prefer.
- Do not miss the cardamom. Freshly crushed/powder is better.
- Replace almonds with any other nuts of your choice.
- Remember to have the butter in room temperature if not you will use more milk.
Have a nice day ~~