Kadai Mirch Paneer
I know you are wondering what is this? This is a twist to the classic recipe, I had long green chillies giving up hope on me so I decide to use it and make kadai paneer, along the way the recipe totally got change :) I did the changes as I liked and here comes the kadai mirch paneer for you, it's different from usual kadai paneer and that's what makes this recipe interesting. If you want to try something different then this is for you.
Paneer Cubes - 1& 1/2 Cup
Long Green Chilies - 4
Capsicum - 1
Onion - 1 large
Tomato - 1 large
Garlic Cloves - 2 large
Kasuri Methi - 1 tsp
Red Chili Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Water - 1 Cup or as required
Coriander Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Dry Red Chilies - 2
Cinnamon - 1" piece
Green Cardamom - 2
Cloves - 2
Nutmeg Powder - 1/2 tsp
1. Roast all 'to grind' ingredients and grind to powder, keep aside.
2. Chop capsicum and chilies in 1" pieces
~ I didn't remove seeds from chillies as they were not very hot, if you think you chilli is very spicy do de-seed them and wear gloves if required while removing the seeds.
3. In a kadai/wok heat 1tsp of oil and saute chilies and capsium until cooked but crunchy with 1 tsp of grinded masala and keep aside.
4. In a same wok add 1/2 tsp of oil and saute paneer for a mintue until light brown, And soak the paneer pieces in warm water until we required it later.
5. Chop onion, tomato, garlic and saute it with 1 tsp of oil until tomato gets mash. Allow it to cool and grind to fine paste with little water.
6. In a pan/wok add remaining oil, add grounded onion tomato paste and cook in medium heat for 2 minutes. Add red chili, tumeric, coriander and 1tsp of our grinded masala, mix well and cook in low flame until oil starts to separate, add chili and capsicum.
7. Add 1 cup water, simmer until capsicum n chili gets cooked. Add crushed kasuri methi and paneer pieces.
8. Cook in medium flame for 2-3 minutes or until gravy become thick.
Serve with roti/paratha or any pulav.
Have a nice weekend ~~