Mango Tutti Frutti Cake
Tutti Frutti Cake is DH one of the favorite cake he likes to munch on these, and tutti frutti is one of the cake that I bake most as these makes good tea cake and never really posted the recipe. This time I made a twist and added mango to use the last mango I had, which made the cake more delicious and added wonderful flavor, you must try this if you like mango.
*All the ingredients to be in room temperature
Plain Flour - 1 Cup + 1tbsp
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Egg Large - 1
Granular Sugar - 3/4 Cup
Butter - 1/4 Cup
Milk - 1/4 Cup
Mango Chunks - 1/2 Cup (I used one Alponso mango )
Tutti Frutti - 1/2 cup
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
1. Sieve baking powder and flour 2-3 times and keep side. Mix tutti frutti with 1 tbsp of flour and keep side.
2. In a bowl beat egg and sugar until light and fluffy takes around 3-4 minutes.
~ If you are using hand beater then use castor sugar or powder the granular sugar, it will save your time and energy, this is coming from my brownie experience.
3. Add butter and beat for a minute again to mix everything well. Fold the flour in batches and mix well.
4. Add milk and beat light to mix everything together. Pre-heat oven to 180C or 356F
5. Now fold in vanilla essence, mango pieces, tutti frutti, do not beat just mix gently. Grease a pan or loaf tin and pour the mixture into it, tap 2-3 times to remove any air bubble.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes for until a toothpick inserted in center comes clean. For me it took 35 minutes.
7. Cool on a wire rack and then cut in slices.
Enjoy delicious and simple cake, exclude the mango and make it as only tutti frutti cake if you wish.