Does it happen to that you start to make something and along the way it gets transform into something else? No? Well it does happen to me once in a while, like in this stew or what I should call it is thinking. I actually wanted to make aloo masala like in we have that with poori? And then I started to add this and that and came up with this which actually turns out to be good. A nice combo for idly, dosa, paratha or puri.
Boiled Potato - 2
Onion - 1 Large
Carrot - 1
Green Peas - 1/4 Cup ( I used frozen)
Tomato - 1 Large
Green Chillies -2
Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Gram/ Urad Dal - 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves - few
Bengal Gram / Channa Dal - 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Lemon Juice - 1/2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
Water - 1 to 1.5 Cup
1. Dice the boiled potato, finely chop onion, tomato, green chillies, carrot and thaw frozen peas.
~ If using fresh peas boil it along with potato.
2. Heat oil in a wok/pan, add cumin & mustard seeds and allow to crack. Add urad & channa dal, curry leaves and sauté until golden brown.
3. Add ginger-garlic paste sauté for 30 seconds, add onion, green chillies and sauté until onion becomes transparent.
4. Add carrot and cook for 2 minutes, add tomato, peas, red chilli and turmeric powder along with salt and give a good stir. Cover and cook on low-medium flame until tomato mashes.
5. Add 1 cup or 1.5 cup of water and bring it to boil, now add potato and cook for 3-4 minutes in medium flame or until everything is cooked. Adjust salt if required, off flame and add lemon juice.
Our stew is ready, and if you have boiled potato in hand it's very quick to make.
Have with anything of your choice, we had it with dosa
Have good weekend ~~