Eid Ul Adha Mubarak with Aloo Tikki | Potato Patties Recipe | Chaat Recipes
Wishing Eid Mubarak to everyone celebrating.
Now a days there is no festive for any particular Religion, most of us celebrate everything or at least enjoy the holiday coming along with festive. I wanted to do a sweet post for today but then it didn’t happen, never the less I am here with Aloo Tikki, one of the easy chaat recipe. The good thing about these tikkies is; it can be a dish by itself or compliments any other chaat items so well, if you ever notice any road side chaat wala hot smoking tawa, there will be always aloo tikki align so beautiful in the corner. Aloo tikki or patties makes a good party appetizer, a quick snack or breakfast and perfect for kids snack/lunch box.
Potato – 3 medium size
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Corn Flour – 2 tbsp
Cilantro Chopped – 2 tbsp
Mint Chopped – 1 tbsp [optional]
Salt – to taste
Oil – For pan fry
1. Wash and pressure cook potato for 3 whistles or boil in water until cooked.
2. Once pressure released from cooker, remove potatoes, rinse in tap water and remove skin.
3. Mash potato (avoid any lumps). Add all the ingredients except oil and mix well to form a smooth dough. Add more corn flour if needed.
4. Divide the dough in equal portion and make medium size tikki/patties.
5. Heat a tawa or pan and drizzle little oil around 1 tsp, place patties and cook until golden brown in medium flame. Flip to other side, drizzle some more oil and cook until golden brown.
Serve hot with Green or Sweet chutney or with tomato sauce/ketchup. Enjoy these with hot tea or coffee or as breakfast.
Have a nice day ~~