Eggless Orange Marble Cake
This orange marble tea cake I baked for friends and also for my in-laws. I adapted this easy recipe from Prathibha’s Orange Cake and made it orange marble cake as Prathibha mention in her post it’s a very easy recipe, a must try for beginners with simple basic ingredients. Chocolate & fresh orange gives the cake unique taste and refreshing flavour making it perfect for this Christmas season baking, today is my sister-in-law birthday so it’s perfect for me to post this cake recipe, Happy Birthday Gudiya.
Plain Flour – 1 1/4 cups
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
Condensed Milk – 1/2 cup/can
Butter – 1/2 cup [at room temperature]
Fresh Orange Juice – 1/2 cup
Powdered Sugar – 3 tbsp [ to taste]
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 tsp [optional]
Orange Zest – 1/2 tsp
Cocoa Powder – 2 tsp
1. Sift flour, baking powder and soda and keep aside.
2. In a bowl add butter, condensed milk, orange juice, sugar, vanilla essence and apple cider vinegar and mix everything well.
3. Now fold in flour in 2-3 batches and after each addition mix gently so there is no lumps formed.
4. Divide 1/2 of cake batter in another bowl, add cocoa powder and mix well. In the remaining cake batter add orange zest and mix well too.
5. Preheat oven to 180g C and grease a 8 inch round or square pan, whatever you like.
6. In the prepared pan add 1tbsp of orange batter followed by 1tbsp of cocoa batter, continue doing it until you run out of both batters.
You can use a toothpick or knife and make swirls on the cake, I didn’t do that.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown in color or if the tooth pick comes out clean when inserted in centre of cake. If required bake for 5 more minutes.
8. Cool the pan on a wire cake, after 5 minutes invert and remove the cake from pan and let it cool completely now. Cut in desire shape.
Enjoy orange marble cake with hot or cold drinks.
And this goes to Sangeetha’s Bake Fest.
Have a nice day ~~