Eggless Tutti Frutti Cookies | Icebox Cookies Recipe
I baked these tutti fruitti cookies for friends as I said in my previous post along with the Orange Marble Cake. Either I won’t bake atall and if I start then I will do couple of things in one shot. And being Christmas festive season baking extra doesn’t hurts what you say? I like Christmas very much, the mood is so festive not to mention most of the people at work on leave and I can relax a bit .
Coming back to these cookie it was very soft and delicious, I added little fresh orange zest and that gives wonderful fragrance. These cookies are eggless, with few ingredients, it’s so easy to bake and looks so pretty that it’s a must try. If you want to gift your friends and family then these cookies fits the bill perfectly. As you can see in above picture cookies get these beautiful tasty layers. I followed the Icebox Cookies recipe from joyofbaking and changed the red cherries with tutti frutti and halved the recipe to suit my need.
Ingredients: [Makes around two dozen cookie]
Plain Flour - 1 cup
Tutti Frutti/candied red cherries – 1/3 cup
Butter – 1/2 cup [at room temperature]
White Granulated Sugar – 1/2 cup
Vanilla Extract/Essence – 1/2 tsp
Baking Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – a pinch
Fresh Orange Zest – 1/2 tsp [optional]
1. In a bowl beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy around 2-3 minutes. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
2. Sift flour, salt, baking powder together and mix to butter mixture and mix until it forms dough.
3. Add cherries or tutti fruitti , orange zest and mix again well to combine everything well.
~ If the dough is dry then you can add 1-2 tbsp of milk or if it’s sticky then add little flour and mix again.
4. Divide the dough in to 2 portions and form a log, wrap in parchment or wax paper, seal the edges well and refrigerator at least for 3 hours and upto 3 days. You can also freeze it for 45 minutes in case you are in hurry.
5. Preheat oven at 375F/190C, meanwhile take out the log, unwrap wax paper and using a sharp knief and cut the logs into 1/4 inch (5 mm) thick slices or roll the dough in to and cut in any desire shape. Line baking tray with parchment sheet and place cookies 1-2 inch part from each other. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges starts to get light brown (keep a eye after 10 minutes). Remove from oven and cool completely on wire rack.
~ As I was in time crunch I didn’t refrigerated dough so couldn’t get the neat shape.
Store the cookies in air tight box and use up to 6 days, relish the cookies with tea or coffee or as it is.
Have a nice day ~~