Seb Suji ka Halwa |Apple and Semolina Pudding
Apple Suji Halwa or Apple Kesari whatever we might call it but the one thing remain same is the wonderful taste this simple dessert has. I wanted to try rava and apple combination for a long time and at last I made it when in-law’s were here. It’s so easy and quick to prepare and something change from usual suji halwa/rava kesari. I didn’t added any food colour but if you wish you can add to make it more attractive.
Ingredients: [Serves 4]
Apple/Seb – 1 large
Suji/Semolina/Rava – 1 cup
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Sugar – 3/4 cup heaped [to taste]
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
Chopped Fry Fruits – 2 tbsp [I used almonds, raisins, cashews]
Water – 1 1/2 cup
1. Wash, peel, core and dice apple. Roast suji/semolina until raw 2-3 minutes or until raw light golden brown, transfer in a plate and keep aside.
2. In a wok or pan heat ghee, add apple and sauté for 4-5 minutes or until apple is almost cooked.
3. Add semolina and fry until it starts to change colour.
4. Add water and sugar and mix well, cook in medium flame until water is soaked fully. Add cardamom powder, dry fruits and mix well. Cover and cook for 2 minutes and off flame.
Serve hot or cold and enjoy the halwa
1. You can add 1 cup sugar or to taste
2. Add food color if preferred.
Have a nice day ~~