Fish Fry | Meen Varuval
I wanted to try making fish for long and now that has happen. Prepared this simple and most easy fish fry recipe for DH and settle myself with aloo gobi sabzi. This must be the most healthy version of fish fry compare to the deep fried version, of course we call this recipe fry which literally doesn’t translate to deep fry here!
So coming back to our recipe I tried it hoping DH will like it and he did, though he wanted me to grill it in oven but he was happy with the end result of this recipe. You can use any fish variety though personally I like to use mackerele or vanjiram meen. The bottom line is I am happy that I venture out with fish recipes and hope to continue doing so.
Ingredients: [Serves – 2]
Fish - 2 pieces/300gm ( I used Seer Fish/ King Mackerel/Vanjiram variety]
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp [ use less if you don’t like spicy]
Coriander Seeds Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp [divided]
Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
Oil – For pan fry
Salt – to taste
1. Clean fish and wash 2-3 times in running water. Mix 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and 1/2 salt and rub over fish, let it sit for 10-15 minutes and then wash fish again 2-3 times in running water; this is to remove fish smell.
2. In a wide bowl or plate mix all spice powder, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, salt, add 1 tbsp water if required. Coat masala on both side of fish nicely and let it marinate for 30 minutes or more.
3. Heat a pan or tawa, drizzle oil and pan fry fish until both side turns dark brown and fish is cooked.
Our fish fry is ready, serve with lemon wedges and onion for that extra kick.
1. Instead of turmeric, red chilli and coriander powders you can use 1tsp sambar or curry powder.
2. You can also deep fry marinated fish instead of pan fry.
Have a nice day ~~