Creamy Cauliflower Soup
I made this cauliflower soup along with pasts with beets pesto. This soup is simple, delicious and creamy and goes well with everything. This is first time I used milk in soup and like it, it also helps to make soup creamy. While making this soup suddenly it hit me we can use this soup as base white sauce for pasta, making the pasta more healthy, delicious. Just add 1 tbsp of more flour to along with milk to make it thick sauce. Try this simple soup, you will like it too.
Ingredients: [Serve 4]
Cauliflower Forests –2 cups
Potato – 1 medium size
Onion – 1 medium size
Chopped Garlic – 1 tsp
Bay Leaf – 1 [small]
Olive Oil – 2 tsp
Water – 1 1/2 cups + more as required
Salt – to taste
Milk – 1/2 cup
Plain Flour – 1 tbsp
Parmesan Cheese – 3 tbsp
Chilli Flakes – 1 tsp
1. Wash and cut cauliflower in small florist's, peel and chop potato and slice onion.
2. In a pan or pressure cooker heat oil add bay leaf and sauté for 30 seconds, add garlic and sauté until light brown.
3. Now add onion and sauté until light pink, followed by potato and sauté for 1 minute too. Add cauliflower sauté for 2 minutes.
4. Add 1 1/2 cup water, salt cover pan and cook until everything gets cooked and tender around 8-10 minutes on medium-high flame or pressure cook for 2 whistles.
5. Meanwhile whisk plain flour with milk and keep side. Make sure milk is at room temperature or warm.
6. Discard bay left and puree everything in a mixer or blender, transfer puree to pan. Add 1-2 cups water and flour & milk mixture, cheese stir everything well, adjust salt if required. Bring it to good boil and off flame.
Serve hot/warm & garnish with chilli flake.
~ Add fresh crushed pepper if required.
~ You can skip potato if you like.
Have a nice day ~~