Aglio Olio pasta recipe was first introduced to me by my sister, she made it home and I liked it instantly. I tried to do same here Fusilli with stir fried veggies but as you can see I totally modified the recipe and added veggies, I still do this too as it’s again one of the easy pasta recipe. Coming back to aglio olio it has to be one of the most easy and quick pasta, the main flavour to this dish is garlic and olive oil so make sure to use good quality of olive oil. If you have last minute guest then this recipe can work as a charm, pair it up with a salad or soup and you have a grant meal to impress your guest or your family. And you will be amazed how easy and quick to make aglio olio, if you wish to have vegetarian version then just skip the prawns, it taste delicious with out it too but be generous with olive oil.
Ingredients: [Serves 2]
Spaghetti – 180 gms [ to serve 2] – I used wheat spaghetti
Water – to Boil
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Olive Oil – 3 tbsp
Garlic Large Pods – 4 [chopped 2 tbsp]
Chilli Flakes – 2 tsp [divided]
Red Chilli – 1 [fresh or dry]
Prawns – 12-14
Parsley – 3 tbsp [chopped]
Salt – to taste
1. Bring a large pot/pan half filled with water to boil, add salt, oil, pasta and cook as per instruction in pack or around 10-12 minutes in medium flame until al dente (cooked and tender to tooth).
2. Reserve 1/4 cup of water and drain rest of it, give spaghetti a cold bath ie keep under tap water and toss it, keep aside until ready to use.
3. Remove the shells and veins from the prawns. Mix 1/2 tsp salt with prawns and keep aside.
4. In a pan heat olive oil add garlic, chilli flakes and sauté in slow heat until oil is infused with garlic flavour but garlic is not burnt.
5. Add prawns, 1 tbsp of parsley. chopped chilli and cook both sides in slow-medium heat for 3-4 minutes, add 2-3 tbsp of reverse water and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add more water if required to cook prawn.
6. Add spaghetti and toss well. Add salt (keep in mind we already have salt in prawns and pasta) and toss again. Garnish with remaining parsley and chilli flakes.
Serve hot/warm with any drink.
~ Use any pasta of your choice.
~ You can use chilli padi instead of chilli flakes.
~ For vegetarian version, just keep the prawn and follow rest of instruction, It taste great by itself.
Have a nice day ~~