Aloo Bhindi Bhujiya (Fry) | How to make Aloo Bhindi Sabzi | Side dish for Paratha
As a kid whenever my mom used to ask what I could like for lunch box then my answer would be always aloo bhindi aur (and) paratha, so much to that I bored of okra and didn't touch it for years, imagine eating aloo bhindi or just bhindi fry every day! But then I started to eat bhindi again and every time we get bhindi or vendakaai at home I make this aloo bhindi fry for sure and keep small batch of okra for another recipe some times.
Aloo Bhindi Bhujiya, aloo bhindi fry, sukke aloo bhindi or aloo bhindi sabzi whatever we may call it but this is one of the best bhindi (okra) recipe. It's our family favourite and if anything that we love with bhindi then that is this bhindi aloo fry from childhood. This simple side dish use to be our regular lunch box along with ajwain paratha. It's very simple and easy and pleases kids very well.
As I have already mentioned this is very good recipe for lunch box, good for kids or adults alike. We can make this for breakfast, lunch or dinner and serve with roti, paratha or with dal-chawal or with rice-rasam too it makes a fantastic combination. Make sure to fry the veggies well until it's becomes crispy to better result.
You can also check other Bhindi/Okra recipes
- Besanwali Bhindi
- Bharwa Bhindi
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala
- Dahi Bhindi
- Shahi Bhindi
- Aloo Bhindi Fry
- Bhindi Raita
- Goan Prawns Okra Curry
Aloo Bhindi Bhujiya (Fry) RecipeStir-fried okra and potato with dry spices, perfect side dish with paratha, roti or rice-lentil.
|Author:||Priti||Category:||Side Dish||Cuisine:||North Indian|
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 30 to 35 - Tender Okra/Bhindi
- 1 Large - Potato
- 1 Large - Onion
- 3 - Green Chilies
- 2 tbsp - Oil
- 1 tsp - Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp - Coriander Seeds Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- To Taste - Salt
- 2 tbsp - Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Wash, pat dry well, cut both ends of okra and chop okra in to 1/4 inch pieces, spread on a large plate or towel until needed. Peel, wash and dice potato, onion, chop green chilies and cilantro.
- Heat oil in a pan or wok, add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter, Add green chilies, onion and sauté until light brown and soft.
- Add potato and fry in medium to slow to medium flame for 3-4 or potato is half done with regular stirring.
- Add okra, sauté for 3-4 mins in medium flame with stirring until okra becomes tender and half cooked.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder mix well and cook until both veggies gets cooked around 6-8 minutes in slow to medium flame, okra and potato starts to get crispy.
- Add salt and mix well, cook for 2 minutes in medium flame, add coriander leaves mix well and off flame. Cover the pan (don't close fully) and let it stand for 10 mins before serving.
- You can add 3/4 tsp of amchur/dry mango powder if preferred.
- Cook until potato becomes crisp, that's bring extra taste to the dish.
- Do use tender okra for better result for any okra recipe of course.
- You can add 1 tsp of minced garlic with onion too.
Aloo Bhindi for paratha or dal-chawal. I made it with turai dal, turai (ridge gourd) skin chutney.
Aloo bhindi sabzi,aloo bhindi fry,aloo bhindi bhujiya,how to make aloo bhindi,sukke aloo bhindi sabzi,dry aloo bhindi, okra potato fry,lunch box recipes,aloo bhindi ki sabzi,vendakaai varuval