Eggplant Pomodoro Pasta Recipe
I make pasta most of the times for dinner either Friday or Saturday’s and that’s why I don’t have the vast collection of pasta recipes in blog since no more I take pictures in night, otherwise for the different experiments I do with pasta I would have had a long list. Anyways this time for a change I made pasta for Saturday lunch and was able to click few images making the hungry souls wait!
If you are bore or want to try something different from the usual pasta in white sauce or tomato sauce recipe, try this aubergine pomodoro pasta. Only the name is bit complicated but the recipe is simple and quick. Normally I make soup along with pasta to make a complete filling meal, some time I fix some quick salad or garlic bread or just add chips. Anyways that’s me, you can make only pasta if you wish, this pasta is great as lunch box recipe too.
Ingredients: [ Serves 4]
Pasta – 4 Cups
Long Eggplant – 1 around 300gms or 2 cups chopped
Minced Garlic – 1/2 tbsp
Tomatoes – 3 Large
Chopped Olives – 2 tbsp [optional]
Freshly Ground Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Paprika – 1 tsp
Italian Herbs – 1 tbsp
Salt – To Taste
Olive Oil – 3 tbsp
1. Put a pot of water on to boil, add 1 tsp of salt, add pasta in boiling water and cook until just tender or follow instructions on package. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water, keep aside.
2. Chop onion, tomato and dice eggplant. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until light golden brown.
3. Add onion and sauté until translucent, now add eggplant and cook, stirring occasionally, until just softened, about 5 minutes in medium to high flame. Add chopped Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add tomatoes and cook until it get’s mashed.
4. Add salt, herbs, olive, paprika, pepper and stir well, cook for 3-4 minutes again until everything blends well and tomato is mashed fully.
5. Finally add the cooked pasta and mix well. Adjust pepper, salt if required.
Serve warm with soup and salad of your choice. I made cabbage soup and serve along with some chips, a perfect weekend meal.
And this goes to Shama's Fast Food Evet - Pasta.
~ Try this with any type of pasta and any variety of eggplant too.
~ Adjust paprika and pepper to taste.
~ You can use green olives or just skip the olives if you don’t have it.
~ If you don’t have paprika with you, no worries add 1 tsp of red chili powder or grind dry red chili to make flakes and add 1 tsp
~ You can add parmesan or any other cheese of you choice in the end over pasta.
Have a nice day ~~