Ragi Inippu Pidi Kozhukattai | Ganesh Chaturthi Recipes
I made this for 1st time and surprising DH also liked it. If you still thinking what to make for chaturthi then you have to try this or it’s more with the people who do Ganesh Sthapana at home and have to break head what to make every day for Naivedyam. Wish you all blishful day and may Ganeshji bless everyone.
Ragi Flour – 1 Cup
Rice Flour – 2 tbsp
Split Moong Dal – 1 tbsp
Jaggery Powder – 1/2 Cup
Grated Coconut – 1/4 Cup
Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
Salt – a pinch
Water – 1/4 Cup
1. Roast ragi and rice flour until fragrant, do it on slow flame to avoid flours from burning. Transfer to a plate or bowl.
2. In the same pan add washed moong dal and roast until light brown. Next add coconut and roast for 30 seconds, keep aside.
4. In the same pan add jaggery, water and bring it to good boil and simmer until jaggery dissolves, strain to remove impurities.
5. In a bowl add roasted flours, dal, coconut, salt, cardamom powder. In small quantity start adding jaggery water.
6. Mix well using a spatula to form a dough. Now start kneading with hands, if the dough is hot, dip hand in a bowl of water to knead dough. Take a medium lemon size dough and shape it into round/ball.
7. Now roll the balls into cylinders shape and press it in fingers to get imprinted with fingers marks. Repat same for rest of dough.
8. Prepare a steamer or use idli cooker, grease idli plates with oil, keep these kozhukattai and steam for 12-15 minutes.
Serve to Ganeshji & to our family and friends.
And this goes my Festive Food: Ganesh Chaturthi Event.
Have a nice day ~~