Singhara & Sabudana Laddoo | Navratri Vrat Recipes
Navratri is coming to end and hope all of you having wonderful time celebrating. Today is Ashtami which consider very auspicious and last day for Navratri fasting. This year is more of singhara recipes from me and to complete the festive here comes very easy, quick and delicious singhara and sabudana laddoo. This melt in mouth laddoos are delicious making it not only a good vrat recipe but for any occasion, this is in my do list for Diwali too. I used very less of ghee to make these laddoo and added water to help in binding which is my usual way of doing it, if you wish you can skip water and add more melted ghee which will sure enhance the taste further. Try these easy laddoo and I am sure you going to love it as we did. Before moving over the recipe Wishing everyone Happy Ashtami. Check out other Navratri and Vrat recipes here.
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Singhara Atta/Water Chestnut Flour - 1 Cup
Sabudana Atta/Sago Flour - 1 Cup [method below]
Sugar Powder - 1 Cup
Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp
Chopped Dry Fruits - 3 tbsp [ I used cashews, almonds, raisins]
Water/Milk - 2-3 tbsp [if required]
1. Start with making sadudana/sago flour, for that take sabudana in a mixer or coffee grinder and grind into smooth powder. I kept just a little coarse the powder which give nice texture to laddoos.
2. Heat ghee in a pan or wok heat ghee add singhara and sabudana flours and roast in medium flame until golden brown and fragrant.
3. Keep stirring in intervals to avoid burning of flours. Add powder sugar and cardamom powder and stir everything well, off flame.
4. Add dry fruits and stir well to combine everything. Keep aside to let it cool down.
5. Once the flour cool enough to handle but still warm, take little flour in hand & keep pressing and routing to shape it into round laddoo.
I sprinkle little water in small portion of flour, mix well, take little amout of flour and shape into laddoo/balls. Water helps to bind the flour. You can also use milk instead of water.
Store in air tight containers and it stays good for 12-15 days or perhaps more than that but mine gets over in 2 weeks. Enjoy these delicious, soft, melt in mouth ladoo.
Have a nice day ~~