Eggplant Tomato Curry Recipe
After all the cakes and cookies recipes taking a break with this is a simple eggplant curry with lots of tomato, it’s tangy and addition of peanuts and sesame seeds adds wonderful flavorful to this simple dish, this curry goes well with rice or roti. If you are looking for change from your usual brinjal/eggplant curry then you should try this it's delicious and different. Stay tune to know what I did with leftover of this curry.
Ingredients for Eggplant Tomato Curry [Servers 3-4 people]
Eggplant/Brinjal – 400 gms
Onion – 3 [1 cup chopped]
Tomato – 4 large [2 cup chopped]
Green Chilies – 6
Minced Ginger-Garlic – 1 tbsp
Dry Red Chilli – 2
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Seeds Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Kasoori Methi – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Oil - 4 tbsp
Water – 1/2 Cup
Peanuts – 2 tbsp
Sesame Seeds – 1 tbsp
1. Chop onion, tomato and green chilies.
2. Heat 1 tsp oil in pan or wok and sauté peanuts until light brown, add sesame seeds and sauté for 2 minutes, keep aside until cool and grind into powder.
3. In same wok add 1-2 tbsp oil and sauté eggplant until light brown, keep aside.
4. In the same wok add remaining oil, add mustard, cumin seeds, curry leaves, dry red chili and allow to splutter. Add minced ginger-garlic and sauté until light brown.
4. Add onion and sauté until translucent.
5. Add turmeric, coriander seeds and red chili powders and mix well, cook for a minute.
6. Add tomato and cook until mashed. Add crushed kasoori methi and cook for a minute.
7. Now add salt, cover and cook until tomatoes get mash fully.
8. Add sautéed brinjal pieces and mix gently, add water and bring it a boil.
9. Add powdered peanuts and sesame and mix well, simmer for 2 minutes and off flame.
Serve with rice or roti/paratha, it taste great with anything.
Have a nice day ~~