Summer and Mango goes hand and hand and so mango pickle, like in most homes my mom use to prepare 10-15 kgs of mango pickle for the years around and same goes for in-laws now though the recipe is different. Last year I posted my sister version of Rajasthani Mango Pickle recipe which always looks attractive & delicious and today is going to be my another favourite mango pickle which is not only easy to prepare but also it’s instant. When I didn’t even started cooking or hardly enter in kitchen still the 2 things I use to prepare was Lemon and Mango pickle(this version), from this you can see my love for these pickles. I wanted to post this recipe last year along with Sweet Mango Pickle as made this last year too but couldn’t click cause it got over before that! If you haven’t tried this version of mango pickle/ Manga Oorugai then you have to and you sure going to love it.
Raw Mango – 1
Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp
Fenugreek Powder – ½ tsp
Asafoetida/Hing – ¼ tsp
Salt – To taste
Oil – 1 tbsp [Used here sesame oil]
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Dry Red Chillies – 2
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
1. Chop the mango into small pieces.
2. Mix chopped mango pieces with chilly powder, fenugreek powder, asafoetida/hing and salt &. keep it aside until ready to use or leave it for a 2-3 hours.
3. In a pan heat oil, add mustards and allow to splutter, add dry red chillies, curry leaves & sauté.
4. Now add the mango pieces and mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes in medium flame or until mango become slightly soft.
Our pickle is ready, allow it to cool and store in sterilized dry pickle jar or bottle. Isn’t it easy? Goes well with Curd Rice, Any variety rice and for me I can just eat like that .
1. Add roasted fennel seeds powder 1 tsp, it adds nice flavour to pickle.
2. Masala coated mango pieces keep for 2-3 hours or more if you have time.
3. Add more oil if required.
4. Always use clean and dry spoon.
Have a nice day