Pappa Al Pomodoro | Tomato Bread Soup
Hope you all had great start of year, I wanted to start this year with a sweet note but then I changed my mind and thought of having a healthy start with this easy and delicious soup. Pappa al pomodoro or tomato bread soup is one of my favorite and I always make this when I bake my wheat bread, last part of bread always transform into this delicious soup.
I wanted to post this recipe for years now but never manage until I made this recently for lunch with not home made bread instead I used white & multigrain breads. You can try this soup with any bread of your choice. This makes delicious, healthy breakfast, lunch or dinner and if you try once you will sure love this filling soup, the plus point if you have stale bread use it for this recipe and it's a perfect winter soup - filling, warm and comfort ..what say?
Ingredients for Tomato Bread Soup [ Serves - 2]
Breads - 5 pieces [ I used white and multi grain breads]
Onion - 1 large
Tomato - 2 large
Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
Minced Garlic - 1 tbsp
Chili Flakes - 1/2 tbsp
Salt & Pepper - to taste
Tomato Ketchup - 1 tbsp
Italian herbs - 1/2 tbsp
Parmesan Cheese - 2 tbsp (for garnish)
Water - 1 cup
1. Slice onion and chop tomato.
2. Cut bread in to pieces
3. In a wok or pan heat oil add minced garlic and sauté until light brown, keep stirring to infuse oil with garlic flavor. Add onion and saute until translucent.
4. Now add tomato and cook for 2-3 minutes cover.
5. Add salt, chilli flakes mix and cook until tomato fully mashes.
6. Allow to cool and grind. We don't have to grind into smooth paste, if you like little chunky.
7. Bring soup back to pan add 1 cup of water, add tomato ketchup, herbs, pepper and bring it to boil.
8. Add bread pieces, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until bread becomes soft in medium heat. Add more water if required.
9. Adjust salt and pepper.
Garnish with cheese, pepper, herbs (if wish) and serve warm.
Have a nice day ~~