Beetroot & Sprouts Stirfry Recipe
As promised here is one of the most easy and healthy way to include sprouts in our diet, a very simple recipe nothing complicated or hi-fi here. Beetroot is one of my favorite vegetable and you can guess that by the number of beets recipe I have blogged so far. Here again is a usual beetroot stir fry or poriyal with extra sprouts goodness. As I mention in my "How to Sprouts" post eating it raw is the best thing but if you are one of those people whom doesn't like to eat raw sprout then try this recipe. We add sprouts just before finish cooking and it's get cooked by steam itself, which keep sprouts nutrition intact up to a certain level and also adds wonderful crunch to the stir fry, it goes well with rice-sambar-dal-rasam combo or even roti.
Ingredients for Beetroot & Sprouts Stir FryBeetroot - 1 Large
Green Bean Sprouts - 1 Cup [click on link for homemade green bean sprout recipe]
Green Chillies - 4-5
Oil - 1 tbsp
Asafetida/Hing - A Pinch
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal - 1 tsp
Curry Leaves - a sprig
Salt - To Taste
1. Wash, peel and grate beetroot, chop green chillies.
2. In a wok heat oil, add hing, mustard seeds and allow it to crack.
3. Add curry leaves, urad dal, green chilli and saute for a minute.
4. Add grated beetroot and mix well, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until cooked in medium heat, stir in intervals.
5. Add salt, sprouts and stir well. Cover & cook for a minute and off flame, leave wok covered for 5 minutes for sprouts to gets cooked from steam.
Our easy, quick, healthy and delicious stir fry is ready.
Have a nice day ~~