Tindora Pulao | Ivy Gourd Pilaf Recipe
We all love one pot meal, don't we? I know most of you going to say yes. So here is another easy and different pulao withTinora/Ivy gourd/Kundru using our very own pressure cooker. If I don't have enough of tindora in hand to make a curry by itself then I do either dal, or pair it up with anything else like I did with badi sabzi or sometimes I do this pulao - easy, quick and delicious done in less than 30 minutes for me it's a perfect for weekend when I don't feel like cooking much which is happening too much these days! For dinner or lunch box it's a great option too. And before moving on to the recipe - Wishing All Happy Chinese New Year, may the year of Snack be more joyful. Gong Xi Fa Cai
Ingredients for Tindora (Kundru) PulaoRice - 1 1/2 Cup [ I used Sona Masuri]
Ivy Gourd/Tindora/Kundru - 1 Cup [sliced]
Onion - 1
Green Chilli - 3
Minced Ginger-Garlic - 1/2 tbsp [or used ginger-garlic paste]
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Briyani Masala/Garam Masala- 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Water - 2 1/2 Cups
Cilantro - 1 tbsp chopped
Oil - 2 tbsp
Bayleaf - 1
Cinnamon - 1/2" piece
Mace - 1 small piece
Star Anise - 1
Cloves - 2
Shahi Jeera - 1 tsp [or use cumin seeds]
For Garnish [optional]
Granted Coconut - 2 tbsp
Cilantro Chopped - 2 tbsp
1. Wash and Soak rice in water for 20 minutes or until needed. [I normally soak rice first then do cuttings and start preparing pulao]
2. Chop onion, slice green chilli. Cut both edges of tindora and slice in roundels or cut it into 4 pieces.
3. Heat oil in pressure cooker add all the ingredients under 'for temper' and saute until jeera cracks. Add minced ginger-garlic and saute until golden brown.
4. Add onion, chilli and cook until onion becomes soft.
5. Add ivy gourd and saute for 3 minutes. Add red chilli and turmeric powder and saute for a minute.
6 Now add rice and saute for 2 minutes. Add water, salt, briyani masala or garam masala, cilantro and mix well. Close cover and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
7. Once pressure released gently mix rice with fork and garnish with cilantro and coconut.
Serve warm with any raita of your choice, pickle etc.
Have a nice day ~~