Eggless Savoury French Toast | Besan Toast
What to make for breakfast is big question for me always and most of the time it's batata poha ( and I made that again today) as DH likes that very much. Since we don't make idli/dosa much or say it happens only once in blue moon, what to make breakfast always troubles me, of course there are many good North Indian recipe but it requires time and patience which I hardly have. I wonder how my mom use to make roti/paratha/poori sabzi for breakfast I can hardly do that or even think about it.
The truth is I don't make breakfast every day, most of the time we eat out but when I do make breakfast I try look for simple and quick options. That's why I try few different things with bread like Open Rava Sandwich, Eggplant Curry Sandwich (you must try this), French Toast, Vegetable Sandwich (my personal favorite), Cheese & Veg Sandwich, Bread-Jam etc as these recipes are delicious plus easy.
This savoury french (besan) toast or as known as Bombay Toast is best option if you don't eat egg (or even if you eat egg) and looks for quick yet delicious option for breakfast or snack. It can be done in less than 10 minutes making it good option for kids snack/tiffin box, you can also modify the recipe according to your taste and needs so go ahead and try it out.
Ingredients for Eggless Savory French (Besan) Toast
[Makes 4 Toasts]Bread - 4 [Use any variety]
Chickpeas Flour/Besan - 1/4 Cup
Rice Flour - 1 tbsp
Onion - 1 Medium [ 1/4 Cup Chopped]
Green Chilli - 1
Red Chilli Powder - 3/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Chat Masala - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Cilantro - 1 tbsp [Chopped]
Salt - To Taste
Water - 1/4 Cup or little more
Oil - To Toast
1. Mix all ingredients expect oil & bread in a bowl without forming lumps, use a wire whisk or hand.
2. Dip bread in prepare batter both sides to coat well with batter.
3. Heat a pan/tawa drizzle little oil, place the bread pieces carefully and toast both sides until light golden brown, sprinkle little oil on sides of bread. Repeat same for rest of bread pieces.
Serve warm with green chutney, sauce or anything else of your choice.
- You can use 1/2 tsp of ginger-garlic paste.
- You can skip garam masala and/or chat masala.
- You can add little freshly crushed pepper.
- You can add other vegetables like grated carrot, finely chopped capsicum etc.
Have a nice day ~~