How to Cut up a Pineapple | Anannasa | DIY Recipes
How to cut up a pineapple is what we going to learn today. I know most of you already know how to cut a pineapple but there are people whom doesn't know this easy trick or think cutting up a pineapple is huge and messy tasks. It's quite easy and almost in no time we can cut up a pineapple to relish the fruit as it is or use for any of our favorite recipe.
If you have no particular reason to have raw or green pineapple then you should look for pineapple which is yellow in color and it also smells sweet, check pineapple bottom for sweet smell. From the fragrance itself we can know if the fruit is ripen.
For this particular instance DH got raw pineapple it was in green color so we kept it in room temperature almost 10 days for pineapple to get ripen and then I cut the fruit, that's the reason you can see leafs turned brown cause we used natural process of ripening the fruit. I didn't took picture of the fruit when it was raw so can't show you guys that.
You can also buy pre-cut pineapple from stores but it's always fresh and economical to buy whole fruit and cut it yourself.
Trust me it's easy than it's looks to cut up a pineapple, I used to think it's hard too specially with all the sharped eyes on the fruit skin but I learnt from my BIL. You can see how juicy the fruit is? so choose fruit in yellow color to have juicy and sweet fruit, the more yellow they are, the more sweeter fruit you get. If sweet smell is coming from pineapple bottom then it's ripen too, so keep these pointers in mind when you buy pineapple and relish it.
Other DIY posts you can check
- How to Julienne Carrots
- How to get Corn Kernels Off Cob
- How to make Square Paratha
- How to set/make Yogurt/Curd
- How to make Green Bean Sprouts
- How to make Idli-Dosa Batter in Mixie
How to Cut up a Pineapple (Anannasa) | DIY RecipesLearn how to cut up a Pineapple in easy steps.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
- 1 - Pineapple/Anannasa
- Cutting/Chopping Board
- Sharp Knife
- Cut off top and bottom - Place pineapple in a chopped board and remove (cut) the stalk or head and bottom part so we get stable cutting base of pineapple.
- Trim off the rind - Keep the pineapple upright and start cutting skin (rind) in strips.
- Work you way around cutting/remove rind (skin) in strips until you cut off all the skin. Cut should be deep enough to removes the eyes or bits or rinds but don't cut off all the flesh :). Once you are done, trim the remaining eyes or rind bits or skin using knife edge or use a peeler edge or small scooper. (I use knife edges to remove rind bits)
- Slice Pineapple - Place pineapple on it's side and cut in roundals, thickness whatever you prefer, or cut pineapple in half and slice it or dice it in small bite size pieces. Cut in desire shape as you required, you can remove the core (center part) using knife edge or peeler edge, I generally don't remove core.
- Storing Pineapple - It's best to eat pineapple on same day once it's cut but you can store in air tight container for 3-4 days.
You can try Thai Veg Pineapple Fried Rice ...
How to cut up a pineapple, how to cut a fresh pineapple, cutting a pineapple, Anannasa katna, Anannasa, pineapple cutting tool, pineapple storage,fresh pineapples,pineapple rings