Rajma Masala Sundal | Navratri Sundal Recipes
Rajma, lobia, chickpeas, dried peas all these legumes is something that can be found in my pantry and rajma or red kidney beans is one of the favorite I often make rajma masala. This time I also made this sundal when I boiled rajma to make rajma masala.
Rajma Masala Sundal is easy sundal recipe for Navratri, Ganesh Chaturthi or this rajma (red kidney beans) sundal works great as snack, breakfast, light meal too. Sundal is prepared with variety of legumes like White Chickpeas, black chickpeas, lobia, peanuts, dried peas etc. Sundals are popular during Navratri specially in Southern India, people keeing Kolu make sundal as naivedyam and to distribute as sundal is easy, healthy snack and whether we make in small or large quantity it's almost same effect.
Unlike my usual sundals I made this sundal as masala rajma sundal another popular variety. Of course each day we can't make making same thing right so here is something easy yet flavorful and spicy rajma masala sundal.
Not only for Navratri or festivals but one can make this rajma sundal to have some guilt-free snack and munch without any worries. If you don't like or eat spicy food then skip red chili or use small chili or 1/4 tsp of red chili powder and still enjoy this flavorful rajma sundal.
You can also check other navratri sundal recipes
Rajma Masala Sundal RecipeRajma or Red Kidney beans sundal is light snack or salad made with rajma, coconut and spices prepared often during Navratri festival as Naivedyam.
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:|
|Serves:||2 to 3|
- 1/2 Cup - Rajma/Red Kidney Bean
- To Taste - Salt
- 2 or 3 tbsp - Grated Fresh Coconut To Roast and Grind
- 1/2 tbsp - Channa Dal
- 1/2 tsp - Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp - Fennel Seeds
- 1/2 tsp - Coriander Seeds
- 1 - Clove
- 1/2 inch - Cinnamom Stick
- 1 - Dry Red Chili For Tempering
- 1 tsp - Oil
- 1/2 tsp - Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp - Urad Dal
- 4 or 5 - Curry Leaves
- Soak rajma over night in 2 cups water, rinse 3-4 times in fresh water and pressure cook for 4-5 whisles with 1 cup water, salt.
- Once pressure released drain rajma and use cooked water in any other curry, don't throw it.
- Dry roast all the ingredients listed under 'To Roast and Grind' until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and grind it to fine powder.
- In a pan or wok heat oil add mustard seeds and allow to spluter, add curry leaves, urad dal and saute until urad dal becomes golden brown.
- Add rajma and saute for a minute. Add prepared masala powder and mix well, in slow flame cook for 2 minutes. If you think masala is burning or it becomes too dry then sprinkle 1-2 tbsp of water.
- Add coconut mix well and off flame.
Healthy, spicy and flavorful Rajma Sundal, other Navratri Recipes you can check here.
rajma sundal recipe, rajma masala sundal, rajma recipes,red kidney beans recipes,sundal recipes, naivedyam recipes, navratri sundal recipes, navratri recipes,navratri 2013,healthy sundal recipes,healthy